right, you are not supposed to drag and drop 181MB of files on the IDE, as the websocket will timeout. If you upload a single file larger than 25MB you'll get a warning that tells you to use the "upload files" button. Not sure what happens when you load several files for a total of 180 MB at once ... I think it won't end up well (I seem to remember they will all try to upload in parallel, which eventually causes the websocket to timeout). So, once you get the IDE back, try to use the upload button. We'll fix this and/or add another warning.
Now, as to how to get your IDE back ...
Floris Shall I try to flash the SD card again?
hopefully that won't be necessary ... unless you filled it up with your files, which may make it hard for it to boot ...
Let's start from the beginning:
- what board have you got?
- what operating system have you got?
- close all your Bela IDE browser tabs
- plug the board in.
- Observe its lights: do you see the PWR LED come on solid and the USR LEDs blinking?
- is the LED on the Bela/BelaMini cape itself blinking after a 10 seconds from boot? (it would only blink if a Bela program was set to run on boot)
- after about 30 seconds, does a drive "BELABOOT" show up on your computer?
- after about 60 seconds, does any new network connection show up on your computer?