Hi ! Here is what I've built with the bela board :
It's supposed to be an electronic sousaphone ! It's still work in progress !
I plan to publish explanation about how it works but I'm not sure what would be interesting so tell me if there's a topic in particular you're interested in !
I assume that it should mainly be the mecanic behind the pistons, the pitch detect algorythm for the mouthpiece...
About the sound design it's a custom libpd wrapper which allow me to change the pure data patch currently used ! And I have an issue with that : I'm struggling to get new interesting sounds !!! I'm pretty limited in CPU since the pitch detect algorythm is heavy... As an example, just 3-4 [expr~] with one containing a pow() function is enough to get cracks in the audio.
I've tried (and put into presets) additive and substractive synthesis, I have a sampler and a light physical model... But I'm pretty short on ideas about what sound synthesis I could use to get new sounds. If you have some tricks when trying to sound better with pd, I'm strongly interested !
Hope you enjoy that weird instrument !